Carolina Arana, DMD, General Dentist
Dr. Arana grew up in Colombia, South America where she received her Doctorate in Dental Surgery (DDS). After moving to the United States, she earned a Master in Public Health (MPH) as an Epidemiologist and conducted research in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on parasitic diseases, and on behavioral risk factors surveillance in the US, Canada, and Italy.
Dr. Arana went to the dental program at the University of Puerto Rico (UPR) where she graduated Magna Cum Laude earning her second dental degree (DMD) as well as Advanced Education on General Dentistry rotation.
Dr. Arana is fluent in both English and Spanish. She is passionate about dentistry and how every treatment has the potential to greatly impact her patient’s life and well-being.
In her free time, Dr. Arana enjoys outdoor activities, traveling, dining out, photography and family time
- DMD – School of Dental Medicine UPR – San Juan, PR
- MPH – Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- DDS – University EL Valle, Cali, Colombia
- Magna Cum Laude Honor from the DMD program at University of Puerto Rico, School of Dental Medicine.
- Honorable Mention in “Interactive Software of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery”- Association of Dental Faculties ACFO.
- American Dental Association Georgia Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Northern District Dental Society
- International and American Association for Dental Research.